Prime began with a revolutionary premise—to deliver 1 million items fast and free directly to your doorstep. Since its launch in Canada in 2013, we have invested and innovated in our fulfillment and transportation networks, logistics, supply chain, and software to meaningfully expand the selection and speed with which we could deliver items to customers. Today, Prime is much more expansive and much faster. Prime now brings the best of shopping and entertainment to members, including Same-Day or One-Day delivery on millions of items to most cities and towns, exclusive Prime member discounts, access to Prime member deal events like Prime Day, unlimited streaming of popular movies and shows, the largest catalogue of ad-free top podcasts, and the ability to shuffle play any artist, album, or playlist on Amazon Music, amongst a range of other benefits. Amazon delivered its largest selection of products to Prime members in Canada at the fastest speeds ever in the second quarter and has doubled the number of coupons and deals available to members so far this year.
One of the Prime benefits that we continue investing heavily in is Prime Video, which has expanded to offer hit movies, great shows, award-winning Amazon Originals, and live sports - all in a single destination. Prime Video offers a vast selection of movies and series, including Amazon Originals, and live sports. Amazon MGM Studios earned 68 Primetime Emmy Award nominations this year, marking the Studio’s biggest year ever, with critically acclaimed and fan-favourite series The Marvelous Mrs Maisel becoming the most Emmy-nominated streaming comedy ever with 80 nominations over its five-season run.
To continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time, starting in 2024, Prime Video shows and movies will include limited advertisements in Canada. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than traditional TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required for Prime members. We’re not making changes in 2024 to the current price of Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option and will share the price of that option at a later date. We will email Prime members several weeks before ads are introduced into Prime Video with information on how to sign up for the ad-free option if they would like.
Prime is a very compelling value. Prime members enjoy a wide range of shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits, including:
- Unlimited Fast, FREE delivery on millions of items, including One-Day Delivery to most cities and towns and Same Day Delivery in select cities.
- Access to exclusive and broad streaming video content (including Prime Video exclusives like The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Boys, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Citadel, The Wheel of Time, Reacher, LOL: Qui rira le dernier?, The Lake, and The Summer I Turned Pretty, as well as blockbuster movies such as Air, Creed III, Shotgun Wedding, the upcoming Candy Cane Lane with Eddie Murphy, and exclusive live sports including ONE Championship and WNBA.
- Access to Prime Video Channels, which provides an unmatched selection of subscription channels including Paramount+, CityTV+, STARZ, AMC+, Super Channel, BritBox, Hayu, STACKTV, a multi-channel service featuring 16 top-tier networks (Global, Food Network Canada, HGTV Canada, W Network, The HISTORY® Channel, Adult Swim, Lifetime, Slice, Showcase, National Geographic, Cartoon Network, Treehouse, YTV, Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD), and more—with no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Customers only pay for the ones they want, and can cancel anytime.
- Exclusive deals and shopping events like Prime Day (in the summer) and Prime Big Deal Days (for the holidays).
- Ad-free listening on millions of songs and podcast episodes with Amazon Music.
- Unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos.
- Free gaming benefits with Prime Gaming.
- Thousands of books with Prime Reading.
- A free, one-year DashPass membership trial valued at $120 per year, offering unlimited $0 delivery fees and more on eligible orders.
Since we launched Prime in 2013, we’ve continued to improve the program and add to the list of benefits our members enjoy. You can expect us to continue to add benefits and features over time.