Amazon Canada announced today the third edition of the Amazon Designer Spotlight, an online fashion campaign that celebrates six Canadian designers in its online store and a series of biographical videos on the Amazon Canada Instagram channel.
The six Canadian designers featured in this year’s edition include:
- Adhere To Studios is a female-owned, Vancouver outerwear brand. Designed to bridge the gap of fashion, function, and longevity, Adhere To Studios offers high quality aesthetic pieces for the elements.
- Ahiri is a Canadian womenswear label elevating wardrobe basics through quality creations that demand attention. All Ahiri items are designed in Toronto to be mixed into your current wardrobe, effortlessly transitioning from season to season, with original pieces using natural fibres as often as possible. Ahiri curates a fresh community of fashion enthusiasts who seek high-quality designs at affordable prices.
- ai is a Toronto-based, fashion brand that carefully curates and produces vegan handbags and accessories made in small batches. Fashion-obsessed mother (Hun) with her 3 daughters (Hannah, Rebekah, and Joanna) work together with artisans in Seoul, and shipping from their Toronto office directly to customers.
- Essentiels MTL is based in Montreal and is a womenswear brand offering minimalist and timeless pieces, with neutral and soft colours, focused on comfort and femininity. All pieces are designed and made in Quebec in small batches, and produced in safe working conditions.
- Lesley Hampton is an Indigenous-owned, women-led, size-inclusive clothing, and accessory brand based in Toronto, ON. Lesley Hampton aims to decolonize Euro-centric standards in the fashion industry, inspire the next decade of Indigenous leaders and entrepreneurs, and create space for empowerment and representation in fashion and media.
- Vonhguard is a contemporary brand based in Quebec City with a modern approach to their design and craftmanship. The brand features non-gender specific pieces with compelling creative visuals and silhouettes.
“At Amazon, we are committed to providing a store that empowers local independent sellers to succeed, providing them with the tools and resources they need to build their brands, scale, and reach new customers," stated Eva Lorenz, Country Manager, Amazon Canada "Through campaigns like the Amazon Designer Spotlight, we aim to celebrate and support creativity in fashion and believe in the power of design to inspire and uplift. We are excited to showcase the exceptional work of this year’s featured designers.”
To learn more about the Amazon Designer Spotlight and to shop collections from the featured creators, visit amazon.ca/DesignerSpotlight.
Photography by Focal Cadence, @focalcadence
Videography by Sara Dawn N’ungos Cornthwaite @saraacorn
Music by Corey McMahon, @pairomay; and Wolf Saga, Chippewa Travellers, David R. Maracle/Nagamo Publishing Inc. (Lesley Hampton's video)