Prime offers many awesome benefits, including fast, free delivery, exclusive sales and discounts, and access to Prime Video, just to name a few.
If you’re a student who could really benefit from a Prime membership but the standard $9.99 per month or $99 per year fee is out of your budget, we’ve got some great news: there’s a discounted membership rate for college and university students!
Prime Student is just $4.99 per month or $49 per year—which helps put all of Prime’s features within reach even if you’re on a tighter budget to help make student life that much easier and more entertaining. Here’s everything you need to know about Prime Student.
What is Prime Student, and who is eligible?
Prime Student is a discounted membership option with the same valuable benefits including fast, FREE delivery on millions of items, exclusive savings and world-class entertainment for eligible members.
The cost is about half of the standard Prime membership fee, starting with a 6-month trial then $4.99 per month, or $49 per year.
What’s included in Prime Student?
Everything included in a regular Prime membership is included in Prime Student. Some of the benefits include:
- Fast, FREE delivery. Prime Student members enjoy fast, free delivery on millions of items. They can also choose from multiple delivery options—including free same-day and one-day delivery in some cases—to ensure a package is delivered to them when and where is most convenient.
- Digital entertainment. Prime Student subscribers can stream a huge library of movies and TV shows with Prime Video, as well as millions of songs and podcasts with Amazon Music Prime, and thousands of books on Prime Reading. There are even video games to enjoy, through Prime Gaming.
- Shopping and deals. Prime Student members have exclusive access to deals and discounts during shopping events like Amazon Prime Day, an annual sale event with discounts on thousands of items.
- One-year free DoorDash DashPass trial. With your Prime Student subscription, you get a one-year trial membership with DashPass. Worth $120 a year, Prime members can benefit from unlimited $0 delivery fees on eligible orders, 5% back in DoorDash credit on eligible Pickup orders, and exclusive promotions and deals.
- Unlimited photo storage. You can take advantage of unlimited online photo storage (as well as 5GB of video storage) through Amazon Photos.
How do you sign up for Prime Student?
Getting a Prime Student membership is easy. Complete the signup at the Prime Student webpage, where you can get 6-month of Prime at $0 cost, courtesy of StackTV. After the trial is over, you can pay $4.99 per month or $49 for a full year of service. Terms and conditions apply.
You’ll need to be enrolled at a college, university, or CEGEP in Canada and have an official school email address, or you can provide an alternative proof of enrollment such as a photo of your current student ID, transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill.