The first day of Prime Day, July 11, was the single largest sales day in company history. Over the course of the two-day shopping event, Prime members purchased more than 375 million items worldwide and saved more than $2.5 billion on millions of deals across the Amazon store, helping make it the biggest Prime Day event ever.
“The first day of Prime Day was the largest sales day in Amazon’s history, and Prime members saved more this year than any other Prime Day event,” said Doug Herrington, CEO of Amazon Stores. “Prime is an incredible value, and we’re proud to offer additional value for members through exclusive deals events like Prime Day. Thank you to our Prime members for continuing to shop in our store, and to our employees and independent sellers around the world who delivered for customers this Prime Day.”
Behind the scenes of Prime Day 2023 with our CEO of Worldwide Amazon Stores
Wide selection across millions of deals
This year, Amazon offered more deals than any past Prime Day event, with Home, Fashion, and Beauty among the top-selling deal categories, and Fire TV Stick, LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm, Apple AirPods, and Bissell Little Green Portable Deep Cleaner among the top-selling deals.
- Amazon’s wide selection is made possible through independent sellers—most of which are small and medium-sized businesses—and this Prime Day was the largest ever for independent sellers in Amazon’s store. Amazon offered more Prime Day deals on small business products than ever before, and this year, small businesses Caraway, True Classic, and TUSHY increased their average daily sales in Amazon’s store by over 18x during the first day of the Prime Day event when compared to 2023 leading up to Prime Day.
- Prime members purchased millions of Alexa-enabled devices, including Fire TV Stick (3rd Gen) with Alexa Voice Remote, which was the best-selling product across all of Amazon worldwide.
Prime members save more
- Prime members saved more this year than any other Prime Day event, saving more than $2.5 billion across millions of deals and getting exclusive access to the lowest prices on Amazon so far this year on select products from a variety of brands like Bose, Hey Dude, and Theragun.
- Amazon Live Prime Day streams had more than 100 million views in the U.S. and India and helped shoppers find the best deals.
- Prime is many memberships rolled into one from exclusive savings events throughout the year to free delivery, quality entertainment from Prime Video and Amazon Music, and convenient shopping.
Keep saving with Prime
Prime offers the best of savings, convenience, and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In Canada, that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, ad-free listening of millions of songs on Amazon Music, unlimited access to thousands of books with Prime Reading, free games with Prime Gaming, free unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, early access to select Lightning Deals, Prime Day, and more. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members have access to Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery on eligible orders over $25 when shipping to Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, and Southwestern Ontario, Prime FREE One-Day Delivery to most cities and towns, and FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items. Prime is $99 per year or $9.99 a month and eligible customers can start a free trial of Prime. University and College students can join Prime Student for 50% off and enjoy the benefits of Prime with a six-month trial. Amazon Business customers—from small businesses to large enterprises, as well as education, government, and non-profit organizations—can also take advantage of Prime’s fast, free shipping and exclusive business-relevant benefits with Business Prime, which starts at $109 per year for up to three users.